New open position for a Hiwi - starting September 2022
Aug 12, 2022 -
Projects: 130 Years of Swiss Parliament
We are looking for a student research assistant to work on our data project “ DemocraSci – a research platform for data-driven democracy studies in Switzerland ” and our SNF project “ Analyzing Co-Sponsorship Networks from 129 Years of the Swiss Federal Assembly ”. The projects use almost 130 years of Swiss parliamentary data to create a comprehensive and searchable database on Swiss politics. The hired student will create a web portal to allow access to our database.
Starting date: September 2022 or on an agreement
- Creation of a web portal to access our database
- Creation of an API for the web-portal
- Ensure a clean and user-friendly web interface. Users should be able to log into the portal and query the data clearly and straightforwardly.
- Student at ETH Zurich or University Zurich (computer science, engineering, economics and social sciences, mathematics or natural sciences)
- Experience in the creation of web-interfaces
- Having already interacted with Neo4J and Cypher is a plus
- Experience with a front-end framework (react/vue/angular…) is a plus
- Good command of German is a plus but not a must
- 5-15 hours/week (more hours possible during term breaks, fewer hours possible during exam sessions)
- Salary according to ETH rules (28.00 CHF/hour)
- Employment for 1 year
Please submit your application online via the official ETHZ recruiting page (jobs.ethz.ch).We only accept applications via the official ETHZ recruiting tool. For general inquiries, please contact Prof. Frank Schweitzer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please apply via the official ETHZ recruiting page (jobs.ethz.ch).
For general inquiries, please contact Prof. Frank Schweitzer (email@example.com).